Dr. Gentry is Board-Certified, Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a member of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Introducing Dr. Yvette Gentry
Dr. Yvette Gentry received a B.S. in Genetics from the University of California at Berkeley and an M.D. from the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr. Gentry's Obstetrics and Gynecology specialty training was completed at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF). She is Board-Certified and a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG). She a member of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Gentry has been practicing medicine in the Bay Area since 1993. She is a published researcher and has been featured in California Department of Public Health campaigns encouraging mothers to seek medical care for their families. Dr. Gentry has been featured on a nationally syndicated health television program as well as on local news (KTVU and KPIX) and the cable channel BET. She was one of the 2 California doctors listed among America’s Favorite OB/Gyns in Essence Magazine. Currently she is an Associate Clinical Professor teaching surgical techniques to residents at the University of California San Francisco.
Over the years she has served as a Surgical Preceptor teaching surgical techniques to physicians throughout the Bay Area including Marin General, Alta Bates, and John Muir Medical Centers. Dr. Gentry has expanded her comprehensive Ob/Gyn skills to include Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic/Robotic Surgery, Peri-Menopause management, Cosmetic Pelvic Floor/Vaginal Surgery, Alternatives to Surgery for Urinary Incontinence, and Sexual Wellness.
University of California at San Francisco Dept. of Ob/Gyn, Chairman Robert Jaffe M.D., San Francisco California
July 1992-June 1995
University of Washington School of Medicine
Dept. of Ob/Gyn, Chairman Morton Stenchever M.D., Seattle Washington
June 1991-June 1992
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle Washington
Doctor of Medicine
September 1987-June 1991
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley California
September 1982-June 1987
- Named One of Top Doctor’s U.S. News and World Report 2013
- Awarded one of “Americas Favorite Ob/Gyns” by Essence Magazine 2001
- California, #G076174, issued 8/92
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners July 1992
- Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology November 1997-Current
- Evaluation of a Rapid Enzyme Immunoassay Detection Test for a Group B Streptococcus Gentry YM, Hillier S, Eschenbach D. Obstet Gynecol 78:397, 1991.
Relevant Clinical Skills:
Comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynecology, emphasis on fibroid management/surgery, Operative Laparoscopy (LAVH, Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy, Myomectomy,) Operative Hysteroscopy (Myomectomy, Septum removal, multiple ablation techniques) as well as alternatives to Hysterectomies. DaVinci Robot assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- Clinical Investigator for NIH research conducted by California Family Health Council, 2012 – Present
- Assistant Clinical Professor Dept. Ob/Gyn, UCSF, 2009 to present
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Private Practice 1996-Present
- Medical Director, East Bay Women's Health, Inc. 2006-Present
- Proctor/Instructor of DaVinci Robotic Surgeons Intuitive Surgical
- Proctor/Instructor of Surgeons using the Essure Hysteroscopic Device Conceptus Medical, 2008-Present
- Proctor/Instructor of Surgeons using the Novasure Hysterscopic Endometrial Ablation Device Hologic Inc., 2008-Present
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Sinkler Miller Medical Association
- Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Member of the Laser Institute of America